I’m going to say it again for the people in the back.
If you voted for #45 we are not friends.
There are a few reasons for this.
- You may have noticed I’m married to a woman. By voting for #45 you voted knowingly for possibly the most homophobic administration in modern times. Example: 2004 Mike Pence voted AGAINST the employment non-discrimination act. 2014: Supported and lobbied for a bill adding a ban of gay marriage to the constitution of Indiana. 2012: He refused to go on record stating he would support a child be raised by a homosexual couple. 2010 he voted against repealing Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. He spoke in 2018 (the first sitting VP to do so) at Values Voter Summit which has been labeled a “hate group” by the Southern Poverty Law Center. This Summit had speakers who believe being transgender is a sin, and who preach for conversion therapy. Trump banned transgender individuals from the military. In a tweet.
- Within two HOURS of #45 taking office all mention of the LGBTQ community was removed from the white house website.
- They have nominated two of the most anti-LGBTQ justices to serve on the Supreme Court.
- I am a woman. Also hoping you’ve noticed this. See here and here for how I feel about this.
- I am a small business owner. And no. Not one portion of his tax laws helped small businesses. It helped large corporations.
- I am a mental health nurse practitioner. See here.
- I am the descendant of immigrants. And for Christ’s sake. He’s married to one.
- I don’t believe that sexual assault should be normalized. I don’t believe we should have a sitting president who doesn’t believe in climate change. I believe in an educated America.
- I am pro-cop. That may be the only spot we agree on.
- I am not pro-guns. In fact I think they should be banned. All of them.
- I am not ashamed if you call me a snowflake. Because it only takes one snowflake to start an avalanche.
This does not mean I won’t be friendly. I will. Most likely. But that does not mean we are friends.
Because you have managed to put in office people who can and want to do damage to my family. They want to strip anti-discrimination laws from our books. That is not okay with me. I am a minority. I can now be discriminated against more freely, more openly, and that jeopardizes my safety but more importantly it jeopardizes the safety of my children.
I may have been able to look past this before kids. But I can’t now. Because they are my everything and when some one messes with them, even indirectly, I can’t move past it.
I know who you are. I know by the way you maybe avert your eyes when I make an anti-#45 statement. I know because you post memes about every one getting along in the wake of a horrible election. I know because you whine about “But I didn’t like Obama, so you should be fine too…”
Obama was never trying to strip rights from any one. He was trying to expand them.
#45 is trying to strip the rights of my immediate family and my extended Queer family. He is trying to normalize discrimination and hate.
I know you. I see you. And no. The meme’s won’t work. Unapologetically no. This goes beyond politics. Politics shape policies and laws. Laws are used as weapons against minorities. I am a minority. You have endangered me and mine. Own it.